The workshop delivered by Dr. Irena Yashin-Shaw highlighted to the many managers present that innovation can happen at all levels. It can be for the benefit of a department, section or work group. It is not exclusively the manager’s responsibility to be the innovator. Rather the manager or department head can provide the environment for innovation to happen by removing the barriers and clearing the pathways so that team members have the opportunity to innovate and are ABLE to innovate. The workshop highlighted, for me, the importance of managers being the catalysts for innovation.
You might also like:
- Everyone, Everywhere, All at Once: The quantum approach to organisational and leadership design.
- Embracing the Skills Shortage: Unleashing the Human Potential within Organisations
- The ULTIMATE Productivity Tool (It’s not what you think!)
- The Other Revolution … The Most Important One!
- The Pandemic Revolution …. Then What?
- Could This Be the New C-Suite Position of the Future?
- COVID-19: Overcoming Wicked Problems in Life and Business Through Antifragile Intrapreneurial Strategies
- You Might Owe Your Life to This Woman
- I Can’t Dance But I Sure Can Pivot!
- Has there been in leadership change in your department? What if you were invited to share the things that drove you crazy about your work?